Thursday, June 18, 2015

"Type-ology" with Jessica Sprague!

Hi, and thanks for visiting today!

I thought I'd share something a little different.  A few months ago, I took an on-line course from Jessica Sprague called Type-ology, which was learning about the history of typefaces and then using them in different digital projects.  It was pretty cool, and I learned a lot.  For one, notice I used the word "typefaces" to describe lettering instead of "fonts"?  According to Jessica, "fonts" are the actual software of the typeface -- make sense?

Anyway, the best part was using my new knowledge, and one of the class projects was creating a poster using lettering patterned after 19th century wood type and adding a letterpress texture for an authentic scuffed-up look.  This is my finished project:
If I ever get around to it, I'd like to put it on a large canvas for our family room!

This would be a good time to plug Jessica Sprague's classes.  If you have been wanting to learn how to do digital scrapbooking, her classes are hands down the best on the internet, and VERY reasonable in price.  It's how I learned.  The classes are fun and you will love the projects you make.

Digital scrapbooking is also a lot less expensive than traditional paper, and everything you need is in your computer.  I do mine on my laptop, so it's also portable.  After I have made a bunch of pages, I send them off for printing, and then put the prints in a regular scrapbook.  I still like working with real papers and elements, so that is why I make cards!  It's been a win-win for me.

Hope you've found some creative inspiration from this post!

See you soon,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment