Saturday, April 4, 2015

My First Stamp Set Ever...Hello Spring from 1997!

Greetings!

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a cute bonnet on Pinterest that I just had to CASE (copy and share everything)!  I wanted to make them for the women in my office, and since I wasn't sure if they all observed Easter or not, I needed a different message.

I started sorting through my stamp sets looking for something appropriate.  Now, I've had hundreds of stamps since I started stamping back in 1997.  Over time I've sold a lot of them, but some I keep.  I kept "Hello Spring" because it was the first ever stamp set I bought, and because it's still so darn cute:

If you look close, you can see they're dated 1997!  They're also still in the old box that Stampin' Up! used to put their stamps sets in, and it was back in the day when you had to trim your own stamps, proof of which can be seen in this picture:
LOL!  Glad those days are gone!

Anyway, I thought the "hello spring" stamp would be perfect for this project, so here's what I did:

Here's a close up:


Kinda cute, huh?  My colleagues seemed to really like them, and that was my hope.

The best part about making these, was that after they were all put together and gathered into the box for a picture, my 17 year old son, who has autism, looked at them and said "Pretty!"  Awwww!  That was worth every moment I spent working on them!

All the products except the stitched circle die are from Stampin' Up!  The stitched circle die is from My Favorite Things.

Have a wonderful day!

Best,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment