Thursday, December 6, 2012

Daring Adventure

Ever since I started going to Kazakhstan for work assignments three years ago, I wanted to go on a camel ride.  For whatever reason, I didn't get the opportunity until Thanksgiving Day last month.  It was a gorgeous day -- cold but clear.  The one thing about Kazakhstan is that when it's sunny, the sky is sooooo blue!  Anyway, I was finally able to ride a camel, so of course I had to make a layout of it. 

I made the map on the bottom half of the page by downloading it from Google Maps, which is a cool little trick to remember next time you're scrapping a place you've been.  I used a gorgeous border from Vintage Symmetry by Annie J Designs at Can You Digi It? to divide the two backgrounds, which I think adds balance and interest to the page.

Thanks a lot for looking, and I hope you find some time to craft today!

Best,
Denise



No comments:

Post a Comment